Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hoga Delayed

Unfortunately, due to the changes in the tug's transit, we were unable to contract with an appropriate crane to lift Hoga aboard the barge.

This will delay Hoga's arrival in Central Arkansas, probably for several months, until a new tug and barge offers to move Hoga at a reasonable price.

We made significant progress in our preparations. The cradles have been designed, approved by the Navy, and built. The cradle parts will be stored for future use, and will save us significant time when the next tow opportunity arises.

The lifting plan has also been approved and the appropriate lifting slings have been purchased. Again, this will save us time in the future.

AIMM is, of course, disappointed that this effort was not successful, but we are not giving up.


Post a Comment

<< Home